Designed for specific instruction on Saturday and Sunday with real scrimmage/gameplay
2 Gold Medals for Canada (2011 & 2015)
1 Tournament MVP (2015)
2 NLL MVP (2013 & 2015)
2 NLL Leading Scorer (2013 & 2015)
1 NLL All-Star Game MVP (2010)
1 NLL Championship (2007)
TOP TEN REASONS TO PLAY BOX LACROSSE
10. FASTER PLAY | The game speed is much faster than anything you would see outdoors. It makes playing outside seem like going in slow motion.
9. STICK HANDLING | Playing in closer spaces means your stick skills have to be tighter and quicker. Your stick handling improves because there is no room for error, quite literally.
8. TRANSITION | Ball moves from defense to offense with increased speed. Players learn quickly to breakout and move the ball up the field.
7. DEFENSIVE BODY POSITION | No D-Poles means that defensive players have to use good body position to be successful.
6. OFF-BALL MOVEMENT | Playing in such a tight area means it is that much harder to get open. Running through people to go to goal just doesn’t work. Players learn to cut, pick and keep in constant motion.
5. GOALIES SEE MORE SHOTS | Shots come hard and fast. Goalies see more shots in a shorter period of time. Their hands and reaction time become much quicker.
4. SHOOTING ACCURACY | Gary Gait is among many who have gone on record about the shooting accuracy that comes from playing box lacrosse.
3. REACTION TIME | A byproduct of playing faster is you have to react faster. That means faster to a ground ball, faster in transition, faster to play the ball, faster to shoot the ball. You name it, your reaction will get faster.
2. PLAYER SAFETY | When it comes to pre-season training, the goal is to get better for the Spring season, not get hurt.
1. PROVEN SUCCESS | You can list as many of the benefits as you want, but the proof is in the success that box players have. Look at the most successful players over the last decade. The majority play box in the offseason. Paul Rabil, Casey Powell, the Gait brothers. No matter who you identify with, the common thread is that they have or still do play box lacrosse.
Shawn Evans' Accomplishments
- 2 Gold Medals for Canada (2011 & 2015)
- 1 Tournament MVP (2015)
- Buffalo Bandits (2018-Present)
- New England Black Wolves (2016-2017 season)
- Calgary Roughnecks (2011-2015)
- Rochester Knighthawks (2006-2010)
- 2 NLL MVP (2013 & 2015)
- 2 NLL Leading Scorer (2013 & 2015)
- 1 NLL All-Star Game MVP (2010)
- 1 NLL Championship (2007)
- Drafted Rochester Knighthawks (2006)
- Peterborough Lakers (2004-Present)
- 4 Mann Cups (2004, 2006, 2010, 2012)
- 7 Ontario Championships
- 1 MSL MVP (2013)
- 2 MSL Leading Scorers
- 2 MSL Playoff Leading Scorers (2009, 2012)
- 1 Mike Kelly Award for Mann Cup MVP (2010)
- Mann Cup Points Record (37 in 2010)
- Mann Cup Assist Record (32 in 2010)
- Six Nations (2007)
- Peterborough Lakers (2001-2006)
- 2 Bobby Allan Awards for the Top Scorer (2006, 2007)
- 2 OLA regular season MVP Awards (2006, 2007)
- 3 Jim Veltman Awards for Most Outstanding Player (2005,2006,2007)
- 1 OLA Championship Six Nations (2007)
- 2 Minto Cup National Championships (2006,2007)
- 1 Minto Cup MVP Award (2006)
Sponsored by the
Beach Dogs Lacrosse